- An Osprey snagging a fish from Fairlane Lake on 8 May.
- A Peregrine falcon flyover on 12 May.
- A Red-headed Woodpecker counted on the North American Migration Count on 9 May.
- Hooded Warbler, also found on that count.
- The second Summer Tanager of the season on 10 May.
Mid-migration has been stalled. There were few new arrivals this week: Blackburnian Warbler on 8 May, Eastern Wood-Pewee on 9 May, Bay-breasted Warbler on 10 May, and Orange-crowed Warbler on 11 May.
Weather fronts favorable for migrant movement were just not happening this past week, but things look set to change for the next few days. We should see the rest of the expected migrants, as well as larger numbers.